A range of services to support people affected by their own or a loved one’s alcohol and other drug use, and co-occurring mental health problems. The GCADS provides services through regional offices in Kalgoorlie, Esperance, and Leonora, and also through outreach to towns in the Goldfields. The GCADS is funded by the Mental Health Commission of Western Australia, and is the result of a partnership between Hope Community Services and Bega Garnbirringu Health Services.
- counselling, information, referral and advocacy for individuals and families affected by alcohol or other drugs, including those referred through the courts or police for the Western Australian Diversion Programs
- consultancy and referral services for health professionals
- outreach services
- community education and prevention programs to address alcohol and other drug related harm and suicide
- all services support culturally appropriate practice and are provided at no cost
The GCADS offers a safe nonjudgemental space to have a yarn, and hosts several weekly groups for people affected by alcohol or other drugs, and their families and carers. Please phone us for information about the current schedule.
Public Transportation Options
- Whole Community
- Alcohol and Drug Related Harm